cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driver for EOS Rebel DS 6040

slynkin
Apprentice

I can no longer transfer photos from camera to computer. I used to be able to but something happened.  I can't even seem to transfer using card reader either. Any suggestions?

9 REPLIES 9

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If card reader doesn't work its probably a computer problem (unless camera is doing something weird to card).

What type computer and opering system i.e. Windows or Mac and which version of OS?

Can you see photos on camera using playback function? (Blue arrow.)

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I cxan see photos on camera using playback button.  Also when I am importing photos from my EOS Rebel T3 it works just fine.  I just have a problem importing from the EOS Rebel.  I have a Toshiba Satellite C55-A with a Windows 10 home OS.

It comes up with some regularity in this forum that early Rebels used a file transmission protocol that is only weakly supported by modern operating systems. However, in some cases the camera can apparently be told to use a newer protocol. I've never found a way to do that on my XTi (EOS 400D), but then I haven't tried very hard. Some who read this will know what I'm talking about and can probably help you out.

Or just buy a card reader; it's really the best solution.

Actually, I see now from your original post that you have tried a card reader without success. That's a bit more puzzling, since it's very uncommon for a card reader not to work correctly.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Jason
Whiz

Hi!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

The "DS 6040" is a branding you may see on the bottom of the camera; however, it is not the model name. You can find the model name at the badge on the front of camera, and may say something similar to "EOS Rebel." What is the model name of the camera you have?

Also, which version of Windows or Mac is in use?

Windows  10

Canon EOS Digital Rebel

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Go into the menu and set communication to PTP. That should work.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

My communication is set to PTP.   I ordered a more expensive card reader and also bought a new software program for updating all of my drivers. i can now read the card using the reader but still am unable to use USB cord to directly transfer from camera to computer.  Thanks anyway.

When the camera is connected via USB, does Windows even see it as a USB device?  Also, you want to try to do a Windows upate while the camera is plugged into the computer.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
slynkin are you in the EU or US? EU versions of W10 are sold without Windows Medua Kit. It can be downloaded.

If that's not your case, be sure you are using a USB data cable and not just a charging cable.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements