cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading to computer

DAW711
Apprentice

I can no longer download pics to my computer, and I don't know why.  I uninstalled/reinstalled the driver software and it still doesn't work.  When the camera is connected, I turn it on, the screen says "BUSY" and there are three beeps.  After about five seconds, the camera seems to shut down or disconnect.  The EOS utility screen will not allow me to choose any option on the screen except "Monitor Folder."

I tried downloading using the Windows software, but it doesn't even recognize the camera as a device to download from.

HELP please!

5 REPLIES 5

Naomi
Enthusiast

Hi Daw711!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know which model EOS camera you own. That way, our Canon Forum members and our Subject Matter Experts will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your specific camera.

Thanks!

I have a Rebel XS camera.

1- Try to use another USB cable and see if work.

2- Connect it to a different computer and see what happens.

It's not the cable; I've downloaded to someone else's computer with no problem.  I think it's something in my computer, but I can't figure it out.  I've reset all the import settings to default.  Still nothing.

Good. I think you are getting close to solving the problem. 

I would think its the USB driver of your PC that needs to be updated.

Also update the driver used for your camera from Canon's support > Download site.

Do that also make sure you have the right program assigned to handled JPG and report back if still you have problem.

Announcements