cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download pics from Rebel XTi

joelfoster1951
Apprentice

I am having problems downloading pics from my Rebel XTi to my laptop.  I connect the camera to the laptop, the driver is downloaded.  When I turn on the camera, nothing happens.  This a new laptop.  On previous laptops, when I turned on the camera, downloads automatically started.

Any help is appreciated.

Joel Foster

11 REPLIES 11

The major benefit is that memory cards can be fragile, so hastily removing and inserting them into devices introduces both wear on the card and potential for bending pins on CF cards, or fins on SD cards. I can't count how many calls I took from users who inadvertentaly bent a CF card pin by trying to jam a card into a camera or reader. 

@Stephen wrote:

The major benefit is that memory cards can be fragile, so hastily removing and inserting them into devices introduces both wear on the card and potential for bending pins on CF cards, or fins on SD cards. I can't count how many calls I took from users who inadvertentaly bent a CF card pin by trying to jam a card into a camera or reader. 

THank you Stephen for you explanation.  I guess i have been careful or lucky and have yet to do that to a camera.  I see this a lot with people using SD cards and find that harder to justify though.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements