cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Rebel XT Sensor Cleaning

JohnB76
Apprentice

First off, I really like the Cannon Community Forums.

I seem to be having a problem with my Digital Rebel XT sensor cleaning. I select the option from the menu, select ok. Once I have done that I see "CLEA" rapdily flashing in the display. It never seems to complete. Does this mean major problem for the camera?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

JohnB76

EOS Rebel XT

Thank you for posting.

For assistance with this, please contact our Technical Support Team. For contact options, please click here.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@JohnB76 wrote:

First off, I really like the Cannon Community Forums.

I seem to be having a problem with my Digital Rebel XT sensor cleaning. I select the option from the menu, select ok. Once I have done that I see "CLEA" rapdily flashing in the display. It never seems to complete. Does this mean major problem for the camera?

Thanks!

I don't think the XT had automatic sensor cleaning like newer Canon cameras. The XT only had manual sensor cleaning, which means when you choose sensor clean from the menu the mirror locks up and the shutter opens so you can manually clean the sensor. 

I'll PM you a link to a post on manual sensor cleaning I did for a different forum. 

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

You have to take the lens off.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements