cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did I lost all our vacation photos?

dfwx
Apprentice

I bought a Canon for the first time (formerly always Nikon) because I wanted a lighter weight camera. It is an ESO Rebel T3.

I have now learned that it is apparently not compatible with Windows 8, meaning the only way we can even see the photos is only by scrolling the camera viewer. I have spent HOURS trying to find a solution. "Sorry folks, we have no vacation photos" and everyone has gone home.

Did we lose all our vacation photos because we bought a Canon?

3 REPLIES 3

cicopo
Elite

If they are still on the memory card & you can view them on the LCD simply buy a card reader & use it to do the download. If you can't see them then you need to STOP using the card & then using the card reader run a recovery program on the card.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

cale_kat
Mentor

@dfwx wrote:

I bought a Canon for the first time (formerly always Nikon) because I wanted a lighter weight camera. It is an ESO Rebel T3.

I have now learned that it is apparently not compatible with Windows 8, meaning the only way we can even see the photos is only by scrolling the camera viewer. I have spent HOURS trying to find a solution. "Sorry folks, we have no vacation photos" and everyone has gone home.

Did we lose all our vacation photos because we bought a Canon?

@dfwx, Good choice on the T3 but sorry about your software issues. When you say "... it is apparently not compatible with Windows 8, ..."  I think you are mistaken.  There is nothing about Windows 8 that should significantloy impact your enjoyment of the T3.

Part 2... you write, "I have spent HOURS trying to find a solution." A solution to what? Are you unable to view your photos? If so, what are you doing to download the photos. For instance, when I download I connect my card reader to my computer and then insert the memory card I have saved pictures to. It isn't the only way to download but I like it. When I insert the card into the card reader a dialogue box pops up to ask if I want to open the file using a program option. I use Lightroom, so I select that and check off the box that says I won't be asked again.

In Lightroom I can view my pictures as JPGS or RAW files. There is no difference between the Lightroom on my Windows 8 laptop or my Windows 7 workstation.

Honestly, can we help? What would help most?

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Zoom Browser should have come with your camera. Plus some other useful software but if it didn't, you can d/l it here.

How to Download and Install

1. Download "IBXW_INST_1_4_0_5_U01_9L.zip" from the download page.

2. Double-click "IBXW_INST_1_4_0_5_U01_9L.zip". After decompressing the file, "IBXW_INST_1_4_0_5_U01_9L" will be created.

3. Double-click "IBXW_INST_1_4_0_5_U01_9L" to display "IBX14INST.exe".

4. Double-click "IBX14INST.exe".

5. Follow the instructions on the screen to perform the installation.

* The latest version will be installed using the auto-update function.
* For installation, it is required to connect the camera. By connecting the camera,
 appropriate functions for the camera will automatically added via the Internet.
EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements