cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dial Fell Off

ssegee
Apprentice

The dial on my rebel fell off and I can't reconnect it myself. Canon wants $200 pus shipping just to look at it. Anyone have any exerience with this and any work around? 

11 REPLIES 11

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Need more info.  What exactly?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

The Mode Dial just fell off. I can't snap it back on and can't change the modes. I'm not sure if something snapped or it just came unglued, I doubt it came unglued because it won't move even when I put it in place so it seems as if something isn't catching- maybe a smaller piece went missing when it fell off. 

Depending upon the model, it may or may not be worth getting repaired.  If it were me, though, I would get my beloved camera fixed, even if it costs the same as buying a used one of the same model.  In fact, most especially if it cost about the same as buying a used camera.  I'd rather have the devil I know, than the devil I don't.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

Depending upon the model, it may or may not be worth getting repaired.  If it were me, though, I would get my beloved camera fixed, even if it costs the same as buying a used one of the same model.  In fact, most especially if it cost about the same as buying a used camera.  I'd rather have the devil I know, than the devil I don't.

Well.... I would not spend the money to repair an old model Rebel.  The OP does not say what model it is. 

I personally would not invest money in a T3i or older. Probably not a T4i. Maybe a T5i. 

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

It's a Rebel Xsi. 

Call Canon Support.

EB

Well.... I would not spend the money to repair an old model Rebel.  The OP does not say what model it is. 

I personally would not invest money in a T3i or older. Probably not a T4i. Maybe a T5i. 

-------------------------------------------------------------

Like I said, if it were my beloved, first DSLR, that I have held and I have cherished, and if I can still get it fixed, then I wouldn't kick it to the curb.  Nope.  We are camera and photographer, forever.  I would take my ailing beloved to the camera hospital, and get it fixed right up, as good as new.  But, I wouldn't tell it that I plan to buy a new camera, though.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Well that explains a lot. Doesn't it?

EB

@ebiggs1 wrote:

Well that explains a lot. Doesn't it?

Ah, yes. Spoken as one who himself cruelly discards his loyal, faithful superannuated cameras and lenses, letting them go to the highest bidder for a few pieces of silver, to be replaced with younger, faster, more attractive substitutes. His doddering old 8MP 1D's figure to meet their doom as outcasts as visions of a 1DX Mark II dance in his head. Oh, the photography!

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements