cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date Stamp on the photo

iracanon
Apprentice

Hello, I just got a EOS Rebel t6, and I cannot make it to stamp the date on the photo. I want to confirm the camera does not do that, because I want to return it if it does not? Can you recommend a similar Canon that does stamp the date on the photo? Thank you.

22 REPLIES 22

Waddizzle wrote:

"Which raises the question: How much better, in the legal environment, is a RAW file with Exit data?"

Good question.  My experience was with time stamped security video.  We used a time/date generator, years ago, BTW.

Didn't Canon use to offer some sort of accessory to 1D Series camera that addressed that question?  I do not see it offered, anymore, so I never really took a good look at it.  Not sure how well it worked, or if it even stood up in court.

I believe their was a camera that put some sort of encryption key into the Exif data that supposedly provided proof that the RAW file was original. I don't remember (if in fact I ever knew) anything beyond that.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

iracanon
Apprentice
I appreciate all the answers, most have been very informative and I have learned. Everyone has different preferences and that is ok. I like to have that 'dirt stain' on my pictures so when the digital frame in my family room is on, I do not have to pause the slide show and navigate to find how old my son was when the photo was taken. As insignificant as it may seem to other people I like to keep that memory, and since I am not getting any younger, I do not remember all the dates. I like the date stamp on my pictures, that is my preference! I have photo albums, I still print some pictures and the paper photo in the album does not have an electronic file. I take photos of my kids, not just on birthdays, or especial days that I would remember, but also of simple, irrelevant moments that I will treasure later on. Happy Holidays to all!

iracanon
Apprentice
Thanks to this forum I learned of different phone camera apps that allows you to turn on date stamp, if you like it! I am already using it!
Announcements