cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data recovery

12Feathers
Apprentice

Rebel EOS T3i message; Card cannot be accessed. Reinsert/Change the card or format card w/camera. Reinsert, same message. Turned of/on reinsert, same message. Changed card, works. I need info on recovery or how to save data on the original card (DANE-ELEC Pro 200x 8GB SDHC Class10.) Thanks      P.S. I have not formatted the card.

6 REPLIES 6

Skirball
Authority

Hopefully you haven't reformatted the card, if so, I fear all is lost.  If not, use a third party SD card recovery app.  There are a ton out there.  I can't recommend any because I've never had to recover a card (knock on wood), but I know Sandisk makes one that is suppose to work, and Photorec is another that comes up frequently.

RickCDrew
Apprentice

Almost any HDD data recovery software will also work, even if you formatted the card.  The card is just an external drive as far as your computer is concerned.

This one got a good review at another forum I belong to.

http://www.transcend-info.com/Support/Software-4

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

cuda719
Enthusiast

"Hopefully you haven't reformatted the card, if so, I fear all is lost." This simply is not true, the data can be recovered using

software on the internet. Even if card is formatted all he data is there just in a different order. The software can read it and all data retrieved.

@cuda719 wrote:

"Hopefully you haven't reformatted the card, if so, I fear all is lost." This simply is not true, the data can be recovered using

software on the internet. Even if card is formatted all he data is there just in a different order. The software can read it and all data retrieved.

My mistake, I didn't realize that.  I assumed the camera would wipe everything clean with a reformat.

Ishtar565
Apprentice

Next time, no matter what happens, just do not format this camera memory card with useful information.

But, right now, to rescue your card data after formatting process, stop adding new files on this card and apply some card data recovery software to take chances, like 4Card Recovery, Recuva, PhotoRec and iCare Data Recovery Free, etc.

No matter which one you prefer to use, always make card data backups well in the future in case of any similar data loss problems. 

Announcements