cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing Menu Screen Colors

Skyler
Apprentice

Beyond the few options that the camera offers does anyone know of a way to customize the color scheme of the menu screen on my Rebel t6. Maybe a plug-in or download?

4 REPLIES 4

@Skylerwrote:

Beyond the few options that the camera offers does anyone know of a way to customize the color scheme of the menu screen on my Rebel t6. Maybe a plug-in or download?

To provide that would require an addition to the camera's firmware, and Canon quite naturally doesn't provide any guidance to assist users in monkeying with the firmware. And I think there's a good case to be made that if Canon wanted to increase the size of the firmware, there are more useful features that could be added.

I suppose it's possible that Magic Lantern, which operates by using a different firmware package to override the one resident in the camera, may provide such a capability. But few of us use ML, and some of us aren't even convinced that it's provably safe (to the camera) to do so.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Skylerwrote:

My T5 only allows for changes to the LCD brightness.  I suspect the T6 would be similar, brightness control only.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Not true, Waddizzle:

Screen.jpg

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"But few of us use ML ..."

I don't believe ML offers that, maybe a new version does that I am unaware of.  But if it did, I still would not use it and I would advise others to not use ML either.  But its your camera and you should do as you see fit.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements