cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curious Double Image in BG

jblooo
Contributor

My wife has been using her Rebel T7i and Canon 70-300 IS USM lens. Over the last couple days she's been very disappointed to see that her images have a strange Double-blur diagonal lines effect in the background. And nowhere in the image is razor sharp.

See attached. A closeup of the bouble line bachground image is inset. (Autofocus, 300mm, 1/320th, f/6.3, ISO400 if that helps)

I have not been able to duplicate the problem but would like to help her prevent it in the future. She lost several hours on a beatiful day today and I like to help keep her interested.

Anyone seen this before? I'm not even sure where to start.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

joe

BlurSample_IMG_3254.jpg

10 REPLIES 10

@jblooo wrote:

OK. Latest update.

After MUCH more testing and disappointing shoot days,.. It appears the Canon 17-300 lens works fine on my 7D, but is consistantly soft on my wife's T7i.

I have no idea why but am tired of spending time on this.

My newest Tamron lens works perfectly for us on BOTH Cameras. I guess I just lost my beloved Tamron. 

If you haven't done so already, check to see if you have any autofocus microadjustment set for the Canon lens on your 7D. That could explain why the lens works well on the 7D but not on your wife's T7i.

But if that is what's going on, it doesn't really solve your problem, since the T7i lacks AFMA. You'd still have to give your wife the Tamron (or replace her T7i with, say, an 80D).

When my wife and I got married (50+ years ago), I had a Nikon F-2 and she had a cheap Sears-Roebuck camera. Her camera soon gave out, so I asked her what sort of camera she wanted to replace it. Her answer was immediate: "One that can use your lenses!"

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements