Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Re: Cr2 file from rebel sl2 won't open in lightroom or photoshop.

Yep. I have it.
VIP

@Enigmangel wrote:
Yep. I have it.

Well, install DPP.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
New Contributor

I am having the same problem. Were you ever able to fix it? I can’t get it to work and don’t think the rebel xs is listed as compatible anymore.
Esteemed Contributor

Which camera? The OP was for the SL2.

They rarely *remove" raw support, but I will tell you that with my XS no software (including DPP!) could read the RAWS created with RAW+JPEG. RAWS saved with RAW only were fine.

Occasional Contributor

No...I quit using Lightroom and starting using free software. The software that came with my camera, Gimp and Rawtherapee,
New Contributor

Yeah, it was raw and Jpeg format. The Jpegs are fine but the raws can’t be opened in Lightroom. Rebel xs 1000d. I gave up for now. Using a new camera.
VIP

"I quit using Lightroom and starting using free software. The software that came with my camera, Gimp and Rawtherapee,"

As long as you are not a professional, using free or really any post editor is perfectly fine. Use what works for you.

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!
New Contributor

FYI I got it to work when I downloaded the software on my computer from the canon website. I got a new canon 5d mark iii and downloaded the software from the website bc my computer doesn’t have a cd drive and was able to edit the cr2 files taken from my rebel.