cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cr2 file from rebel sl2 won't open in lightroom or photoshop.

Enigmangel
Contributor
Canon rebel sl2
17 REPLIES 17

Enigmangel
Contributor
Yep. I have it.

@Enigmangel wrote:
Yep. I have it.

Well, install DPP.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Ericahawn
Apprentice
I am having the same problem. Were you ever able to fix it? I can’t get it to work and don’t think the rebel xs is listed as compatible anymore.

Which camera? The OP was for the SL2.

They rarely *remove" raw support, but I will tell you that with my XS no software (including DPP!) could read the RAWS created with RAW+JPEG. RAWS saved with RAW only were fine.

Enigmangel
Contributor
No...I quit using Lightroom and starting using free software. The software that came with my camera, Gimp and Rawtherapee,

"I quit using Lightroom and starting using free software. The software that came with my camera, Gimp and Rawtherapee,"

As long as you are not a professional, using free or really any post editor is perfectly fine. Use what works for you.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Ericahawn
Apprentice
Yeah, it was raw and Jpeg format. The Jpegs are fine but the raws can’t be opened in Lightroom. Rebel xs 1000d. I gave up for now. Using a new camera.

Ericahawn
Apprentice
FYI I got it to work when I downloaded the software on my computer from the canon website. I got a new canon 5d mark iii and downloaded the software from the website bc my computer doesn’t have a cd drive and was able to edit the cr2 files taken from my rebel.
Announcements