cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous Self Shooting

kholmes
Apprentice

I just got a Canon T7i and was wondering if there's a way to add pauses between shots while doing continuous self-shoot instead of having ten shots fire in rapid succession? If not, is there an app that could do this? Self-shooting is really frustrating when you have to run up, press the shutter and reposition yourself between every shot.

7 REPLIES 7

Ray-uk
Whiz

What you need is an intervalometer, this can be connected to the camera with a cable or operated wirelessly.

Search on Amazon or other online sites and you will find a lot different makes that are suitable for your camera.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Are you trying to shoot stills or video?  It almost sounds like both. 

Why would "ten shots fire in rapid succession"?  What shooting and drive modes are you using.

You may also be able to control the camera remotely using Canon Connect app on a smart device.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

wchettel
Enthusiast

How about the Canon Wireless Remote Control BR-E1. It's a Bluetooth device for remote shutter operation. I use one with my Rebel SL2 - it works great. There is also a less expensive substitute by Aodelan available from Amazon that works just as well.

The Canon Connect app will also do remote shutter control.

--
Walter
in Davie, FL

I experimented with the camera app, but it looks like it still requires me to hold the phone (or remote) to control the shutter. Definitely better than running all the way back to the camera, but still frustrating to hide between shots.

@kholmes wrote:

I experimented with the camera app, but it looks like it still requires me to hold the phone (or remote) to control the shutter. Definitely better than running all the way back to the camera, but still frustrating to hide between shots.

How do you want it to work?  

How will the camera know when to fire the shutter?  Someone is going to have to push a button,  It will either be you, or someone else.  If you do it, then you will be holding a smart phone, the Canon Bluetooth remote, or some other device in your hand.  There is no getting around it.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I get that I'll have to press the shutter at least once to get it going. What I'm looking for is a way to add a delay/space/interval between continuous shots. For example, I tell the camera to set an initial timer for ten seconds, after which it will take ten continuous shots with a three second countdown between each one. The continuous shooting on my T7i doesn't have an interval between the shots, they just fire in rapid succession, hence I'm asking if there's a way to get the camera to do this (via its own programming or an app) or if I need to look into getting an intervelometer or other piece of equipment

You need an intervalometer.

This is what you need:

Screenshot 2021-04-17 193706.jpg

Amazon has several favors - all basically the same product with different names.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements