cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer won't detect camera

lyssa615
Apprentice

All of a sudden my computer won't detect my Rebel XT. I replaced the USB cord but nothing is even detected in "My Computer" or in the Device Manager. I am sure that the USB ports work properly as they work with other devices.  I reinstalled the software it came with and tried changing the communication settings on the camera. Does anyone have any suggestions? 

32 REPLIES 32

You're not using a Micro SD card with an adapter, are you?

Install the software on the computer before connecting the camera. 

Using a fully charged battery, set up your camera unattached to the computer. Use the manual that came with the camera. If you don't have a manual, then go to Canon Support and d/l one or read the online PDF. Follow the directions setting the clock, name, etc. 

Also, as mentioned above, make sure that the WiFi is turned off. The camera will not connect through the USB if it is set to WiFi.

Good luck

mosael
Apprentice

@lyssa615 wrote:

All of a sudden my computer won't detect my Rebel XT. I replaced the USB cord but nothing is even detected in "My Computer" or in the Device Manager. I am sure that the USB ports work properly as they work with other devices.  I reinstalled the software it came with and tried changing the communication settings on the camera. Does anyone have any suggestions? 

What sort of USB rope would you say you are utilizing? I experience experienced issues with a few lines in that past (albeit typically it detects my camera and hence drops it when EOS utility burdens). I've discovered that just lines with channels on them (the dark plastic barrels toward one side) work reliably. I'm not persuaded it's what causing your issue, but rather thought I'd bring it up.

Torrent  TurboTax Gogoanime

Announcements