cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer Won't Recognise Camera

drgoochmobile
Apprentice

Hello

I have a new Canon Rebel T6S that I have with a Windows 8 computer.  I've installed the software but I can't get the computer to recognise the camera.  It's plugged in using the USB cord. The EOS utility does nothing.  It's stuck on "Connect an EOS camera."  Trying to set up the wifi does nothing either.  The camera is plugged in, turned on and on the view mode with the triangle but it's like it's not even plugged in.

I've now tried this on a second computer.  Same thing.  Nothing is recognised.  Can't connect it through wifi either.

Very frustrated that tech support is closed on the weekend.  I am travelling for the next two weeks and would like to be able to use my camera!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drgoochmobile
Apprentice
I fixed it. Turns out plugging the camera in doesn't work when wifi is enabled.But you can't set the wifi settings until you're connected by the cord. Lots of people will have this problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

cicopo
Elite

It's been a long time since I've hooked up to a computer BUT from memory you use ON not VIEW mode. Try plugging the camera in with it off & then simply turn it on as in "I'm going to take photos now"..

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

drgoochmobile
Apprentice
I fixed it. Turns out plugging the camera in doesn't work when wifi is enabled.But you can't set the wifi settings until you're connected by the cord. Lots of people will have this problem.
Announcements