Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Cant get my T3I to auto focus on manual/av/tvor P modes

Is there a setting some place to get my T3i to auto focus in the above modes.  I can't seem to figure this out.  I have it set to to AF/AE lock in the C.Fn IV:  But have tried it in AE Lock/AF with no luck also.  While in mode one ihave tried the * located on the back of the camera with no luck.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cant get my T3I to auto focus on manual/av/tvor P modes

[ Edited ]

There is no change in focus between the auto modes and the creative zone modes, other than a possible change in mode. Something else must be wrong.

New Contributor

as added information it will not work on manual unless in AE Lock/AF mode.  It still doesnt auto focus but at least it will release the shutter. 

Reputable Contributor

I will suggest the obvious (so forgive me) but have you tried a complete settings reset to get it to factory defaults?
"All the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
"I have never been able to enlarge a photograph... I am just interested in the shots" Henri Cartier-Bresson
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Tronhard wrote:
I will suggest the obvious (so forgive me) but have you tried a complete settings reset to get it to factory defaults?

Should always do this when the device starts acting up. It is easy to inadvertently change a setting.

And be sure you clear all camera settings and clear custom function setting. These are frequently two different steps.

2019-05-21 (1).png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LRCC Classic
New Contributor

Thank you. Works in Manual mode and will release the shutter now.