cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant get my T3I to auto focus on manual/av/tvor P modes

2boverlanding
Apprentice

Is there a setting some place to get my T3i to auto focus in the above modes.  I can't seem to figure this out.  I have it set to to AF/AE lock in the C.Fn IV:  But have tried it in AE Lock/AF with no luck also.  While in mode one ihave tried the * located on the back of the camera with no luck.  

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@Tronhard wrote:
I will suggest the obvious (so forgive me) but have you tried a complete settings reset to get it to factory defaults?

Should always do this when the device starts acting up. It is easy to inadvertently change a setting.

And be sure you clear all camera settings and clear custom function setting. These are frequently two different steps.

2019-05-21 (1).png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

Thank you. Works in Manual mode and will release the shutter now.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

There is no change in focus between the auto modes and the creative zone modes, other than a possible change in mode. Something else must be wrong.

as added information it will not work on manual unless in AE Lock/AF mode.  It still doesnt auto focus but at least it will release the shutter. 

I will suggest the obvious (so forgive me) but have you tried a complete settings reset to get it to factory defaults?

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

@Tronhard wrote:

Should always do this when the device starts acting up. It is easy to inadvertently change a setting.

And be sure you clear all camera settings and clear custom function setting. These are frequently two different steps.

2019-05-21 (1).png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you. Works in Manual mode and will release the shutter now.
Announcements