cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon t5i(body, bundle or kit),mis leading Adorama ad describes camera as wifi enabled

whound69
Contributor

Hi to all members. Have any,of you, been misled, by Adorama's false claim that the Canon t5i is wifi enabled,like I have been? I bought their Video Creator Kit, based on,what appears to be,purposely deceiving information, about this camera. They are well aware,of their  error,due to my direct email communication with Mr. LEE C. who has been assigned, to my case.He offered me $15, basically, to go away. I sold my perfectly good t3i, to step up, to the "wifi enabled" t5i, as it was advertised as that.Since that rediculous offer was made, over two weeks ago, I have not been contacted, by any Adorama agents (other than some live chats,with two of their reps., who both told me ,in those recent chats, that "the t5i is definitely wifi enabled".So, even after I reported,to them, that their t5i was fraudulent, they have not removed wifi enabled, from their ads. My questions, to members:1.have any of you been fooled, like I was? 2. By not editing out "wifi enabled",even after being notified,of the error, are they commiting fraud? 3. Do any,of you have any ideas, about how I should proceed, with holding Adorama accountable, for their continuing deception? Please, let me know, if any of this applies,to you,or,if you can help me with you wisdom, experiences or help. Thanks, for slogging through my lengthy diatribe. But, most of all BE ADVISED THAT THE CANON T5I "IS NOT WIFI ENABLED - PERIOD"! I have a Adorama claim ticket #,but I don't know, if I should put it out, in this forum.Any help you can give will be most welcome. Loyd

11 REPLIES 11

"We are assessing and dealing with adjusters (FEMA)."

This might prove to be more of a challenge than Adorama!  Smiley Wink

Curious, did you get through to Helen Oster directly?  I hope you found her direct email since the Mods saw fit to remove something that would have helped you.  At least it would have helped to speed up the process.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Good morning. No, I only had the Adorama customer service address, that I had been using, to discuss the ad issue, with Mr. C. Lee. He stopped replying, after I rejected his " one time goodwill offer, of $15" ( only, if I acted promptly), to settle my "claim". Up to that point, I had made no "claim", or asked for anything, other than for them, to clean up that ad. I actually thought, they would appreciate my bringing their mistake, to their attention. It did anger me, to be treated like that, so I asked them "how is $15  going to make the t5i I purchased, from you, wifi enable. That's when Mr. C. Lee stopped replying. By the way, he did not even have the ad changed, like he had promised. So, you are probably correct, about the mods (moderators, i presume) flagging my email. I tried a couple, of different avenues, to reach Ms. Helen Oster(I believe I mistakenly typed in "Olson",in mylast post, but got it right, in my emails, to her). Anyway, I must deal, now, with our current situation. I really don't expect Adorama, to step up, anyway. I'll be quite shocked, if they do. But, I want to thank you, again. You've been a great help. whound69

Announcements