cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon t5i(body, bundle or kit),mis leading Adorama ad describes camera as wifi enabled

whound69
Contributor

Hi to all members. Have any,of you, been misled, by Adorama's false claim that the Canon t5i is wifi enabled,like I have been? I bought their Video Creator Kit, based on,what appears to be,purposely deceiving information, about this camera. They are well aware,of their  error,due to my direct email communication with Mr. LEE C. who has been assigned, to my case.He offered me $15, basically, to go away. I sold my perfectly good t3i, to step up, to the "wifi enabled" t5i, as it was advertised as that.Since that rediculous offer was made, over two weeks ago, I have not been contacted, by any Adorama agents (other than some live chats,with two of their reps., who both told me ,in those recent chats, that "the t5i is definitely wifi enabled".So, even after I reported,to them, that their t5i was fraudulent, they have not removed wifi enabled, from their ads. My questions, to members:1.have any of you been fooled, like I was? 2. By not editing out "wifi enabled",even after being notified,of the error, are they commiting fraud? 3. Do any,of you have any ideas, about how I should proceed, with holding Adorama accountable, for their continuing deception? Please, let me know, if any of this applies,to you,or,if you can help me with you wisdom, experiences or help. Thanks, for slogging through my lengthy diatribe. But, most of all BE ADVISED THAT THE CANON T5I "IS NOT WIFI ENABLED - PERIOD"! I have a Adorama claim ticket #,but I don't know, if I should put it out, in this forum.Any help you can give will be most welcome. Loyd

11 REPLIES 11

@whound69 wrote:

Hi to all members. Have any,of you, been misled, by Adorama's false claim that the Canon t5i is wifi enabled,like I have been? I bought their Video Creator Kit, based on,what appears to be,purposely deceiving information, about this camera. They are well aware,of their  error,due to my direct email communication with Mr. LEE C. who has been assigned, to my case.He offered me $15, basically, to go away. I sold my perfectly good t3i, to step up, to the "wifi enabled" t5i, as it was advertised as that.Since that rediculous offer was made, over two weeks ago, I have not been contacted, by any Adorama agents (other than some live chats,with two of their reps., who both told me ,in those recent chats, that "the t5i is definitely wifi enabled".So, even after I reported,to them, that their t5i was fraudulent, they have not removed wifi enabled, from their ads. My questions, to members:1.have any of you been fooled, like I was? 2. By not editing out "wifi enabled",even after being notified,of the error, are they commiting fraud? 3. Do any,of you have any ideas, about how I should proceed, with holding Adorama accountable, for their continuing deception? Please, let me know, if any of this applies,to you,or,if you can help me with you wisdom, experiences or help. Thanks, for slogging through my lengthy diatribe. But, most of all BE ADVISED THAT THE CANON T5I "IS NOT WIFI ENABLED - PERIOD"! I have a Adorama claim ticket #,but I don't know, if I should put it out, in this forum.Any help you can give will be most welcome. Loyd

There's an unproven assumption that underlies your request, viz. that some or all of us are attorneys qualified to advise you on this matter. Whilst that assumption may be, strictly speaking, true, I hope you understand that most of us are not thus qualified (and/or would eschew the invitation if we were) and that you listen to us at your possible financial peril. Indeed, I am one of those who is not and will therefore have little or nothing more to say on this topic.

Most of us are, however, capable of reading and understanding the published capabilities of the T5i and will probably do so in advance, should we ever be considering the purchase of that camera.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

It is NFC enabled which uses WiFi.

ETA:

The above is incorrect, I have been corrected. I got confused with my T6.

@kvbarkley wrote:

It is NFC enabled which uses WiFi.

I am not aware of the T5i having ANY wireless capabilities.  Pictbridge printing is accomplished via a USB cable, not NFC.

[EDIT]  I do not know how the OP's confusion arose, and I offer no solution to his issue with a vendor.  I will point out that Wi-Fi can be added to the T5i by using an Eye-Fi card, the operation of which is not guaranteed by Canon.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

oops, you are correct.

Thanks, to all ,of you community members, who responded to my post( from the succinct,to the corpulent loquacious troll). I appreciate your input and "get" the "caveat emptor" requisite.I am a person, who found a huge mistake,in an ad, and have the courage, to do a public service announcement, so others won't fall, for a deceptive ad, like I did. If you care, to look at Adorama's t5i today, you will see, for yourself, that they are still touting it,as wifi. I notified them,of their error Aug.4,16, and was told several times,since then, that the ad would be corrected. Really? How hard is it and how long does it take? "Caveat Emptor" indeed! Graciously,wolfhound69

VideoGeek
Mentor

Just out of curiosity I visited the site and spoke with an agent.  

Info
 at 17:26, Aug 25:
Thank you for choosing to chat with us. An agent will be with you shortly.

Info
 at 17:27, Aug 25:
You are now chatting with Kat.

Kat
Hello, how may I assist you?

You

Why does the description for the T5i have WiFi listed when it is not WiFi enabled?

Kat
 at 17:28, Aug 25:
link please?

Kat
 at 17:31, Aug 25:
yes im sorry it isnt

Kat
ill contact the web team to fix that asap

Kat
thank you

You

Thank you, you were/are quite helpful.
Kat
its not problem, sorry again for the error

It will be interesting to see if anything changes.

Glory be to you. Gotta' stay on 'em I guess. Thanks, for detective work. wolfhound69

The person you want to talk to at Adorama is Helen Oster.  She is wonderful and she will make it right.  Get hold of her today.

<Removed Per Forum Guidelines>  Adorama Camera Customer Service.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thanks, to VideoGeek and ebiggs1, for help. Adorama, finally, corrected misleading t5i ad. It took them about 2 mos., to correct. I wonder how many they sold, adv. it as wifi. Sorry, it took a while, for me to reply, but I live in La.where we got 25", of rain, in 40 hrs. We were more fotunate, than many, who had 1-2', of floodwater, inside their homes. We were spared, by 2-3". Still, had a lot of damage, lost property that was damaged, or floated away. We are assessing and dealing with adjusters (FEMA). We are experienced with flooding. We lost home, in Galveston, when hurricane Ike blew through. Anyway, back to main subject. That being Adorama continuing to feature t5i, as wifi, for months, after I alerted them to their error.. I did as ebiggs1 suggested, and tried several times, to contact Helen Olsen. Sadly, to no avail. At this point, I believe she and the original Ador, agent, I initially contacted, about their erroneous ad, are blowing me off. Probably, the last dealings I will ever have, with that company. It's a shame, really. I've been buying cameras and darkroom stuff, from them, since the mid- 1980's. Thanks, again, to all, who invested time, to stop them, from misleading buyers. wolfhound69

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements