cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon t3i shutting down automatically in video mode

nmsvaree
Apprentice

I have a Canon T3i.  When I try to video it shuts down automatically after about 3 seconds.  I can't figure out the settings to fix this.  Please help.

1 REPLY 1

Tim
Authority

Hello Nmsvaree,

Lets try resetting your camera using the following steps to try and resolve this issue.

1.  Turn the camera OFF and remove the memory card and battery.

2.  Detach the lens and place it out of the way.  Use the camera body cap to prevent dust from getting inside. 

3.  Let the camera sit for about 20 minutes.

4.  In the interim please clean the lens contacts with a soft, new, lint free micro fiber cloth.  Use the microfiber cloth to gently rub across the lens contacts. 

5.  Put these items back in the camera and turn the power switch to <OFF> and <ON> again.

6.  Using the Mode Dial, change from Auto to Program and back while trying to shoot with the camera. 

7.  Try a different Canon EF lens on the camera.

Here are some other things to try:

- Try a different card and also check that the card slot is closed securely.  Sometimes the memory card can cause

issues and if so swap out the installed card for a different one.

- Check and clean the battery contacts or use a fully charged battery. 

If completing the above steps fail to resolve the issue then we recommend sending the camera into the Factory for evaluation.  The root cause should become apparent under Factory service conditions. 

You can set up your EOS Rebel T3i for service through our web site.  We regret any inconvenience that this may cause you at this time.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements