cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon t3i screen problem-not turning on

SilviuRulz
Contributor
Hi! I have a canon t3i (600D). The screen is not turning on unless the camera is connected to a monitor via a HDMI cable, even though the monitor is turned off. I have to say that i see through the viewfinder informations like ISO and more. I don't think that the problem is a clip. I saw a video where the battery door is problematic. That guy gets a grip, puts it on and the screen turns on. I wouldn't invest in a grip unless i know for sure that this is the answer to my problem. Here you have some footage of the camera.(sorry for the **bleep**ty music)
https://youtu.be/xcInHNzs2Ok
4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@SilviuRulz wrote:
Hi! I have a canon t3i (600D). The screen is not turning on unless the camera is connected to a monitor via a HDMI cable, even though the monitor is turned off. I have to say that i see through the viewfinder informations like ISO and more. I don't think that the problem is a clip. I saw a video where the battery door is problematic. That guy gets a grip, puts it on and the screen turns on. I wouldn't invest in a grip unless i know for sure that this is the answer to my problem. Here you have some footage of the camera.(sorry for the **bleep**ty music)
https://youtu.be/xcInHNzs2Ok

Make sure the rubber thing-a-ma-bob on the viewfinder is fully seated.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

i cleaned that thing around the viewfinder, took off the rubber thing and put it on again just to fit tightly but nothing helps

@SilviuRulz wrote:

i cleaned that thing around the viewfinder, took off the rubber thing and put it on again just to fit tightly but nothing helps

How did you clean it?  Did you clean it before or after the problems with the screen began?

There is a small sensor associated with the rubber eyecup that blanks the screen when you hold the camera up to your eye.  I assume that you already know about sensor because you seem to have read the old thread on the subject and posted on it.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

cleaned it after the problem
i can t see any sensor on the viewfinder on the t3i

Announcements