cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon- should not advertising "can take video"

jwonhwang007
Apprentice

I think canon have to take out  " video is available" from their dslr camera. 

I do have 70d and T3i. 

The 70d logic board bunt out last year after recording 10 min video clip and I spent around $400.00. This year T3i gone too while I took video around 8 minutes. I didn't abuse cameras most case. 

I called the service center why canon has so much trouble with heat problem with video recording and they said it is cameras to take a pictures, not camcorder.......wow!!!!!!!!!!

DO not advertise Canon camera can take a video..... Just Say "it is camera can take pictures and go get a camcorder to take video...."

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@jwonhwang007 wrote:

I think canon have to take out  " video is available" from their dslr camera. 

I do have 70d and T3i. 

The 70d logic board bunt out last year after recording 10 min video clip and I spent around $400.00. This year T3i gone too while I took video around 8 minutes. I didn't abuse cameras most case. 

I called the service center why canon has so much trouble with heat problem with video recording and they said it is cameras to take a pictures, not camcorder.......wow!!!!!!!!!!

DO not advertise Canon camera can take a video..... Just Say "it is camera can take pictures and go get a camcorder to take video...."

I suggest that you contact Canon again about your. Issue with the 70D.  Have your receipt ready from any repair.  They seem to have recently acknowledged that there could be a defect with the 70D.  

A 10 minute clip is kind of long for a DSLR.  If you need a camera first and foremost for video, and stills second, then you should invest in a camcorder or a video camera.

All DSLRs experience overheating issues,when they are used for video.  Sony mirrorless cameras are notorious for it.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

70D warranty , just expire before it was gone last year.  I already spent money to fix. haha

T3i, I dont know I have to fix or just put in my junk box.  Srvice center said " this model is not available to repair any more."

I have sony a6500, panasonic fz1000, gh4 and gopro hero 5,6. Yes they have heat issue commonly. Not like canon. 

It may have failed after your 10 minute video but I guess it was after many such videos. Not just the single 10 minute one!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements