cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon rebel t6

Nawnie
Apprentice

So I just got my camera for Christmas I’ve had no problems with it until yesterday when I was changing out my Len’s and now every time I go to Focus it tells me that it’s busy and I also have What looks like a haze when I look through the viewfinder or the back screen of the camera help I’m on vacation and I’m not getting any pictures
8 REPLIES 8

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Did you take the camera from a cold airconditioned area outside to a hot humid environment?

Maybe condensation in the lens?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Nawnie
Apprentice
That’s what I thought but it happened after we had been at the beach for an hour and it’s been over 36 hours of being back in the house with no change.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
If you take the lens off and look through what do you see?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Nawnie
Apprentice
The same. Cloudy or haze

With a lens attached, do you see anything in Live View mode?

Have you looked inside of the image sensor box to see if anything is dislodged?  The mirror should be shiny clean, so do not touch it.  Look up toward the viewfinder to see if anything looks crooked or odd.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I was unclear. I meant look through the lens by holding up to light. Not seeing anything through the viewfinder with lens off is normal. 

Recommendation to try LiveView is good. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Nawnie
Apprentice
With the lens off, the lens itself is clear. When you look through the viewfinder or live view. With or without lens the view is the same. It’s almost like adding the lens isn’t making a difference. Which the lens on it continues to try and focus. When I try to take a picture it won’t with the lens on. Looking into the body of the camera, everything seems to be fine.

You need to find a real camera shop if you can and have them look at it. 

The light path in LiveView and the optical view finder are entirely different. 

If you remove the lens and look into the camera and switch to LiveView is the mirror popping up fully?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements