cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon rebel t5

ErinPhotos2004
Apprentice

I own a canon eos rebel t5, and I have had it for about a year. My last battery charger quit working. I got a new one, and now the camera will not turn on. It will start making a noise like it's trying to auto focus, but it keeps repeating the same noise over, and over, and the screen won't turn on.

7 REPLIES 7

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@ErinPhotos2004wrote:

I own a canon eos rebel t5, and I have had it for about a year. My last battery charger quit working. I got a new one, and now the camera will not turn on. It will start making a noise like it's trying to auto focus, but it keeps repeating the same noise over, and over, and the screen won't turn on.

What brand of battery and charger? You can always contact Canon directly.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

It's the same battery that came with the camera, and a canon charger that I bought off of amazon.

@ErinPhotos2004wrote:

It's the same battery that came with the camera, and a canon charger that I bought off of amazon.

Amazon. That might explain a lot. So, what brand of battery are you using? There is some counterfeit stuff out there.

Yes, but my friend tried the same battery charger with her battery and it worked fine. And the battery is the same one that came with the camera

@ErinPhotos2004wrote:

Yes, but my friend tried the same battery charger with her battery and it worked fine. And the battery is the same one that came with the camera

Your battery seems suspect to me. I am going to assume that you have a Brand X battery, and do not want to admit it. So, I suggest that you consider purchasing a new battery. Buy a genuine Canon battery. They last longer.

I am also going to suggest that you buy a Canon battery from an authorized Canon retailer. Again, you can always contact Canon directly.

@ErinPhotos2004wrote:

Have you tried a different battery? It doesn't sound as though you bought the camera new, (It would have come with a charger,) So you don't really know what the battery has been through. Or, as Waddizzle suggested, that it's even a genuine Canon battery.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

"...a canon charger that I bought off of amazon."

One of the worse places to buy batteries and chargers.  I am not convinced it is either the battery or the charger but it may be.

Cameras fail for other reasons and the battery is probably one of the least reasons.  Try all your stuff battery and charger on your friends camera.  If all works as I suspect it will call Canon at 1 (800) 652-2666

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements