cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon rebel t5

Janie1
Apprentice
My camera is new and I'm taking pictures right now, once I take a picture it goes blank and doesn't show anything and even when I push buttons!!! I have to take out the battery and start it up again! There is a red light that tells me when it's on and it stays on even when I turn it off. HELP!!
4 REPLIES 4

@Janie1 wrote:
My camera is new and I'm taking pictures right now, once I take a picture it goes blank and doesn't show anything and even when I push buttons!!! I have to take out the battery and start it up again! There is a red light that tells me when it's on and it stays on even when I turn it off. HELP!!

Which buttons are you pushing, and in what order? And what does the user manual have to say about how the camera should behave under the conditions you describe? (You have, of course, read it. I wouldn't dream of implying that you hadn't.)

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Your best bet is a friend that knows photogrphy and cameras.  The T5 can do it all if you leave it on the green square.  How does it perform with it selected?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

It would help if you could describe the circumstances when this happens.  What sort of subject are you shooting?   Is it daytime or nighttime?  How much light is present?  Which mode (mode dial) are you using?

There are some situations in which what you describe would be normal.

If the camera is in a dark room then it might believe it needs an exceptionally long exposure (many seconds long).  But if this happens, the camera also has a feature called "long exposure noise reduction".  Without going into detail on what this is and how it works -- it is something that would likely happen if taking a picture in the dark (or if someone snapped the shutter button while the lens cap is still on.)

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
The regualr sequence of events when taking a picture with a T5 is for the image to appear on the LCD screen for a brief period of time, and then go away. How long the image stays visible can be adjusted in your menu screens. To recall the image, press the blue arrow button near the bottom edge of the camera. You can zoom in/out on the image by pressing the buttons at the top right corner of the back panel, which also have blue icons below them that resemble magnifying glasses. Notice that there is one more button that has a blue icon associated with it in the just above the "Q" button. Notice how the icon resembles a trash can, because it is used to dispose of images that you wish to erase from the camera's memory. The red light indicates that the camera is accessing the memory chip inside of the camera, which can mean that the camera is either reading from, or writing to, the memory chip.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements