cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon camera for action and sports photography?that holds auto focus and more than 7 shots burst

iris
Enthusiast

I have been using  the Rebel T4i.   I've learned that I like action photography.  The T4i sometimes misses the frame in burst mode that I would most like to capture..I shoot RAW so can usually get 7 shots a sec...also sometimes my best efforts are still in a soft focus, not crisp...Does anyone have some ideas for an up grade for me...

14 REPLIES 14

Well, it seems my perfect solution would be to buy the lens L lens I want and use it on the little Rebel that I know and get the 7d Mark II or perhaps the 1D Mark IV (the word used scares me, but i wouldn't pay the kind of money a new one would cost) to learn...We are fortunate here where I live to have many wonderful camera experts who teach at various continuous education coarses and the like; they are very helpful in shortening any learning curve.

Hey Bob: I must be Superman then. I shoot a 1Ds2 with 28-300 L IS and 1D4 with 100-400 L IS for 6 hour stints at most of the radio control events I cover. Been shooting that combo or one similar for the last 8 years. I have also been known to use a 3rd body (7D, or Nikon D7100) & an ultrawide for some up close 3 D aerobatics that are done just a few feet from the pilot stations.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

My seven year old grandson uses mine!  Smiley Surprised

And I almost always, 100% of the time, (when I am shooting Smiley Happy) have the Mk IV and the Ds Mk III on me.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

iris,

Anything made by the hand of Man can and will fail but buying a used Mk IV should be of little concern.  These are extremely durabile.  Plus any part can be repaired by Canon.  One nice benefit with a camera at this level is, it is worth fixing one.  On quite a few other camera models the cost of repair exceeds the value of the camera.

If you do decide to go ths route beware it is heavy as it is all metal.  There are no light weight plastic parts.  It is expensive even used at approx $2500+/- as we speak.

An "L" lens is a good choice as it will transfer to a Mk IV if you do decide that is the route you choose.  An "L" lens and a Mk IV is about as good as it gets in photogtaphy.  Smiley Happy

EB

Bob from Boston,

"...  it's about the same size and weight as a patio stone"

Yes it is.  Smiley Very Happy  

But if you think that it is heavy now just weight till you put a great white on it or a 300mm f2.8.  Smiley Frustrated

EB
Announcements