cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon XT lenses fitting on T2i??

Scarmaz
Apprentice

Hello! I am new here and would like to know if the Canon Rebel XT lenses have the same mounts as the lenses for the T2i? Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

cicopo
Elite

The bodies have what's known as an EF-S lens mount (both bodies you've named) which take both EF & EF-S lenses so yes lenses you've used on the XT fit perfectly on a T2i

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

Yes, the mount is the same and both cameras also use "APS-C" size sensors.  All lenses which work on an XT will also work on a T2i.

You can use every lens in Canon's current lineup EXCEPT the two "EF-M" lenses at the very bottom of the list:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/ef_lens_lineup

In addition, even discontinued EOS lenses will work, as well as a fairly large number of 3rd party lenses designed for use with Canon EOS bodies.

When you use a Canon DSLR with an "APS-C" sized sensor (which is the vast majority of them... all the Rebels, all the mid-level cameras, and the 7D -- the only cameras that are not "APS-C" are the cameras with just 1 number in the model (e.g. 6D, 5D series, and 1D series) you can literally use any EOS lens *except* the "EF-M" lenses (and currently there are only two).  The "EF-M" are for Canon's "mirrorless" cameras (not DSLRs).

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements