cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon T8i out of stock?

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

Any word on when the Canon T8i might be shipping again?

I tried two stores. The were both out of stock and no word on when they might be receving more.

Steve Thomas

20 REPLIES 20

ebiggs1,

Okay. I'll give it a try. I've downsized these to fit in what I hope will be an acceptble size for this forum.

I'm still learning my way around spot focusing vs. zone focusing, so the focusing may be off relative to the subject.

These were taken at about 135mm on a 55-250 lens, F8 and around a 1/395 shutter speed on a somewhat cloudy day.

So far, I'm liking the clarity of this T8i.

Steve Thomas

horse1.jpg

horse2.jpg

Looking good Smiley Happy While you are exploring the advanced features, don't forget the basic ones are still a valid and  easy way to shoot.  P mode and a single focus point in One shot can't be beat most of the time.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Looking good Smiley Happy While you are exploring the advanced features, don't forget the basic ones are still a valid and  easy way to shoot.  P mode and a single focus point in One shot can't be beat most of the time.

EB

EB,

I'm shooting in aperture priority mode these days, with center-weighted average for metering. I started out using the zone autofocusing, but learned that the camera will more than likely focus on objects that are closest to you. I'm working on using single point autofocusing now.

Steve Thomas

"...learned that the camera will more than likely focus on objects that are closest to you."

This is normal and one reason why single center point focus is good. You know exactly where and what you set focus on. 

I love Av.  It is my second most used mode. Just because a camera has all these super, out there, features doesn't mean the tried and true simple ones aren't still valid. Sometimes the camera is smarter than you think and does a better job than you can.

EB

Oh, BTW, Steve Thomas, enjoy your new camera. Its going to be a fun road to travel.

EB

Oh, BTW, Steve Thomas, enjoy your new camera. Its going to be a fun road to travel.

EB

EB,
Thanks. I am.
I'm learning a little bit each day.
Today I learned that if you have zoom display turned on in movie mode, autofocus is disabled and movie image stabilization is also disabled, You have to rely on movie servo to keep things continually focused.  (I really enjoy having movie servo BTW. My T6 didn't have it, and you constantly had to stop shooting, refocus, and shoot a new movie each time).

For whatever reason, the T8i manual doesn't have an index. So, what I did was download the T7i manual and use it to quickly find things. The cameras ae so alike that the T8i's pages are only off by a page or two.

Steve Thomas.

@stevet1 wrote:
For whatever reason, the T8i manual doesn't have an index. So, what I did was download the T7i manual and use it to quickly find things. The cameras ae so alike that the T8i's pages are only off by a page or two.
Steve Thomas.

Sounds like maybe you got the basic instruction book which is more of a "getting started" booklet. What you want is a copy of the Advanced User Guide which has considerably more detailed information. And it's got a 6 page + index!

https://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/2/0300038432/02/eosrebelt8i-eos850d-ug2-en.pdf

Download at the above link if you haven't already done so.

Sounds like maybe you got the basic instruction book which is more of a "getting started" booklet. What you want is a copy of the Advanced User Guide which has considerably more detailed information. And it's got a 6 page + index!

https://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/2/0300038432/02/eosrebelt8i-eos850d-ug2-en.pdf

Download at the above link if you haven't already done so.

Burnunit,

Thanks. I have that. On what pages of the Advanced User Guide does this index appear?

Thanks,

Steve Thomas

Pages 2 thru 8, though technically thats actually the Table Of Contents. You're looking for the alphabetical index that's usually at the end of the manual, aren't you. And you're right, there isn't one at the end of this manual.

There is a Reference index however on page 706 and this may be about as close as we're going to get in this case.

Smiley Frustrated

Though, with the manual in PDF format it should be fairly easy to use the search function to find information about specific areas of camera operation.

BurnUnit,

Thanks. Using that search function in Adobe helps a lot.

Steve Thomas
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements