cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon T7i not turning on

HaydenKirk
Apprentice

Hi all,

I was setting up to use my T7i and when turning on the camera I noticed the LCD was a lot dimmer than normal.  went into the settings and adjusted it but even at max brightness the appearance was still dimmed. I proceeded onward and took a photo at which point the lcd went all black and never came back on. I was able to take one more photo with the LCD never coming back on. At this point I try to restart the camera but after turning the camera off I was no longer able to get anything on the camera to power on. The sensor doesn't flip, the indicator that there is a memory card is inserted doesn't flash at all and buttons do nothing. I've checked a few other forum posts to try and see if they had a solution but I wasn't able to find anything that worked.

Things I have tried:

Applying pressure to the memory card door in hopes to make whatever contact it needs to be regisered as closed

Charging the battery fully and placing it back in the camera

Leaving the battery out for 15 minutes and then placing it back in.

Swapped out different memory cards

If anyone has any guesses as to what could be wrong, please let me know!

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What is the temperature of the camera?  Is it “cold”, or at or near an average room temperature?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Room Temperature!

Lburnett
Apprentice
Did you ever figure out the issue? My t7i is not turning on and I have tried everything I could find
Announcements