cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon T7i LCD screen replacement.

rawkus
Apprentice

So, the touch screen on my T7i decided it was time to die. I've only had it for little over a year and never once dropped it, soaked it etc. Today I was using the screen-mode to take some angled shots of a spider eating a Spotted lanternfly(invasive bug here in PA), when the screen started to "flicker", go red, followed by black and red streaks, then it went completely black.  Turned it off for an hour as I continued my morning hike. When I turned it back on, it was normal for about 20-25 seconds, them the same red-themed flicker, streaks etc.

I attached some crappy pics of the issue, just for some reference.

My question is: I assume it would be costly to replace it through a Canon repair place, so, has anyone done this at home? eBay seems to be the only place where I can find relacement screens, but I have no clue how good/bad they are. I'll still give it a go as the replacement screens are ranging from $14-25-ish.

I can still take great pics, just a pain trying to change settings using the screen, and to not being able to preview my shots.

IMG_20200823_153030920.jpgIMG_20200823_153004925.jpgIMG_20200823_153049775.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I think it would be best to let Canon fix it.  You may have other problems that are manifesting themselves on the LCD.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

You know we get questions just like yours quite a bit on this forum.  The same answer, that most folks don't like, is, if you have to ask, you probably should not attempt it. On the other hand, what have you got to lose? It's broke now and will still be broke if you fail.

The correct answer is to let Canon do the repair, however. The Rebel T7i is still a pretty darn nice camera that you can easily turn into a paper weight.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

SIde benefit form Canon, they will check out the entire camera when they do the service.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements