cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon T6i with Tamron 60 mm lens in Ikelite underwater housing

britwitt
Contributor

Good day.

I have having issues getting the underwater strobes to fire while using a tamron 60 mm lens.  Using an Ikelte underwater housing.   Strobes work fine wih the canon 18-135mm lens. 

Thank you for any help on this. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I downloaded the manual & my suggestion is to look very carefully at the hotshoe adapter & see if it's touching anything that might move it back or tilt it as you install the body into the housing. If you don't see anything obvious install the camera & lens into the housing & hook up your strobe but DON'T close up the housing but test fire the camera to see if the strobe fires. If it does (try several times to confirm it's working correctly) close up the housing & try again. If it stops working you have an interferance problem that's moving the hotshoe adapter off of at least 1 terminal. 

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Thanks. Enjoy that new rig. If I dove more often & wasn't so old i'd be getting something similar.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."
Announcements