Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Canon T6i vs Mark IV in Video Dynamic Range

Which is better. I can't tell between my friends camera with his mark iv. I have Cinestyle so a little more Dynamic range...But his isn't so raw in video.

Honored Contributor

Re: Canon T6i vs Mark IV in Video Dynamic Range

@sharif31wrote:

Which is better. I can't tell between my friends camera with his mark iv. I have Cinestyle so a little more Dynamic range...But his isn't so raw in video.

I do not think many people are setup to make such a comparison.  Why don’t you tell the rest of us what exactly you have discovered?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Valued Contributor

@Waddizzlewrote:

@sharif31wrote:

I do not think many people are setup to make such a comparison.  Why don’t you tell the rest of us what exactly you have discovered?

Agree...  plus why are you even trying to compare these two bodies...  they aren't even in the same realm.

Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2 (f/w 1.0.4) ~16-35mm f2.8L II, 50 f1.8 STM, 85 prime USM, 70-200 f2.8L IS II ~70-300 USM II ~Sigma 24-70 f2.8 Art (f/w 2.01)
~Sigma 150-600 C + TC1401 1.4x (f/w 1.03) ~Speedlite 430 EX II ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro nVidia GPU 1803
Occasional Contributor

What do you mean not in the same realm? T6i is a beast!

Esteemed Contributor

@sharif31wrote:

What do you mean not in the same realm? T6i is a beast!

By that observation you define the word "beast". And thereby risk what one might call terminology inflation. If you owned a 5D4, you'd have to invent a far more grandiose term with which to characterize it.

Bob
Boston, Massachusetts USA
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Sounds like you're trying to be an ass and you know exactly what it means. And if not. It means the T6i is a very good camera and i can keep up with a mark 4. **bleep**, just let me put on them zeiss lens and I'm good.