cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon T6i Menu and Display Problems

Sherry_B
Apprentice

Hi,

I'm new to the forum but I've been shooting exclusively with Canon for about 10 years. I'm currently having an issue with my T6i that I bought new close to 4 years ago. 

I only have access to the menu while on the preset functions (landscape, portrait, etc). All manual modes give me the standard display on my lcd screen, but the only adjustments I can make are shutter speed and aperture. The ISO is disabled as well as playback of images.

In the menu that I can access, I only have 3 tool screens available, which means I can't reset back to factory settings. There were no issues with the camera prior to this, and I have the suspicion that I forgot to turn it off after shooting and perhaps buttons were inadvertently pressed when I tucked it into my camera bag.

I'm hoping to avoid having to send it in for repair since my back up camera was recently converted to infrared. 

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sorry, Sherry, but your Rebel does not have the  small memory battery. It is not user accessable, so those models cannot be rebooted as described above. (Pressing the shutter button with no battery installed)

You need to call Canon 1 (800) 652-2666

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Try removing the battery, turning on the camera, and holding the shutter fully pressed for at least 10 seconds.  If this does not restore your camera to its' "normal" operational state, then your camera needs to be checked out by Canon professionals.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a try.

Sorry, Sherry, but your Rebel does not have the  small memory battery. It is not user accessable, so those models cannot be rebooted as described above. (Pressing the shutter button with no battery installed)

You need to call Canon 1 (800) 652-2666

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements