cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon T5i 700D focus problen

psdonald42
Apprentice

Hello Community,

I'm new to this community and new to EOS cameras.

I have a T5i 700D camera and i have a problem with the focus on the final image.

I have used AF, manual focus and Live view. I have used 2 different lenses.

I notice it particularly when doing close up shots.

I get a very good focus either through the viewfinder or on the screen but when i take the shot the image is blurred.

I use a tripod so it's not me being shakey.

Any ideas for a newbie.

Thanks

Peter

11 REPLIES 11

@psdonald42 wrote:

Sorry folks,

I got home and wanted to move this forward but my daughter borrowed the camera for a few weeks. 

I'll put this on hold  until i get it back.

I'm doing some close ups of plants and on live view they look great. I would expect that the actual photo would be better than the tiny screen. My samsung S6 takes a better quality shot. 

Peter

I'm not sure I'm clear on your use of the terms "live view" and "actual photo". Did you actually take pictures using live view? Or did you just turn it to live view to see how the pictures looked on the screen? And if you did take pictures in live view, did they come out sharp or blurry?

The point is that focusing through the viewfinder and focusing via the live view screen are two independent operations, with the live view screen always showing you what the sensor sees. If their results don't match, it can mean that the viewfinder's focusing mechanism is out of adjustment. In some higher-level Canon cameras, you can sometimes correct for that, but not on Rebels. If that's your problem, you'll probably have to send the camera to Canon for adjustment.

I hope you warned your daughter about the focusing problem.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

"I got home and wanted to move this forward but my daughter boeeowed the camara for a few weeks."

She must get satisfactorily sharp photos? And you don't? Is that what you are saying?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements