cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon T5

Lunchbox619
Apprentice
My wife dropped our canon t5 off the counter top and since then the back screen is black. The led isn't cracked and it still lights up but nothing is displayed. It just went out of warranty and canon wants 300 bucks just to look at it. Is there some kind of setting it might have knocked loose or am I'm screwed?
4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Lunchbox619 wrote:
My wife dropped our canon t5 off the counter top and since then the back screen is black. The led isn't cracked and it still lights up but nothing is displayed. It just went out of warranty and canon wants 300 bucks just to look at it. Is there some kind of setting it might have knocked loose or am I'm screwed?

If you are in the US, did you call 1-800-OK-CANON?  Asking for money just to look at it doesn't sound like the Canon I know.

[EDIT]. IMHO, seeing how the Rebel T5 was the bottom of the line DSLR, your money might be better spent on a new body and better camera body.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Have you tried plugging in an HDMI cable to see if the video output works at all?

You can certainly go into the menus and reset the camera.

Lunchbox619
Apprentice
no I haven't. Is this a thing

No, I am just trying to see if it is the LCD or the video circuitry. Unless resetting the camera brings it back, it needs to be repaired. If the video out still works you could use it as a studio camera without fixing it.

Announcements