cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon T5 autofocus only with LCD on

Ticalos
Apprentice

Hi.

Lately the camera do the autofocus only with LCD view on. If i turn of the LCD and try to focus thru the back visor, the lens rotate trying to find the focus but always stop before or after. On i turn the LCD view on the camera focus with no problem and the pictures are really clear.

I guess that it is a problem with the mirror, because when you use the LCD the mirror go up and the camera focus directly with the sensor, when you use the back visor and LCD of the camera work and focus thru mirrors.

But i can not understand why and what exactly is the issue. I try it with 50mm, 18-55mm, 75-300mm Canon but all the same.

Thank you ..

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Set the camera to Program mode and then clear all camera settings in the menu. Then set the camera to green square auto mode. If you are outside in daylight and this is happening then I would say you need to go for service. If you are indoors it could be not enough light for focusing.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you sir.

I already did that, all reset was done, all settings is clear. It work great only with LCD view on , indoor, outdoor and in any mode with every lens.

Did not focus  with LCD off .

😞

Sounds like you need to visit a service center then.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements