cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon T5 Taking Blur Pictures After doing the factory reset also nothing is changed

satvarin
Apprentice

Hello ,

I am new to this world and have t5 I am not sure what I did but this is what happens.

If I take a picture in good light or bad light, If I zoon just little bit in the viewfinder its self the picture is becoming a very blur, I am not sure how to fix it could you please help me what I am doing wrong.

The boat image I took on the move in Niagara and  the other one is standing shot

I am taking this picture in Auto mode setting

If I look at the image data its say this 

dimension: 5184 x 3456

Shot: 1/160 sec. f/8 25mm

ISO: 100

Capture1.PNG

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What lens are you using?  Most T5 cameras come with an EF-S 16-55mm f/4.5-5.6 IS II zoom lens.  While it is not the best lens that Canon makes, it should focus better than your posted images.  Your shutter speed is on the low side, which can capture motion blur, but that does not seem to be your immediate issue.

Switch the shooting mode dial on top of the camera to the Green [A] mode, or [CA] mode.  The P shooting mode is the best mode to use to learn about photography and learning the camera's features.  Make sure the "feature guide" is enabled, which can be found on the second [yellow] wrench menu.

Make sure that the lens AF/MF switch is in the AF position.  Try taking some photographs outdoors on a sunny day of subjects that are 100 feet [30 meters] away from the camera.  If you know how to change AF points, then manually select the center AF point, because it is the most sensitive and most accurate AF sensor.  I always use the center AF point, and never change the setting.

You will not be able to make exposure adjustments in any of the Basic shooting modes: like [A] or [CA], and the rest of the settings that use icons.  You can make exposure settings in P mode, and let the camera choose an exposure for you.  I mention this because of your low shutter speeds in the posted shots.

Your aperture setting, f/11, is very narrow, which restricts how much light enters the camera and reaches the image sensor.  Dial in a lower number to use a wider aperture.  A wider aperture will allow you to use faster shutter speeds.

Do a web search for " Exposure Triangle " and " Depth of Field ".  Do a web search for "Canon Digital Learning Center".

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What lens are you using?  Most T5 cameras come with an EF-S 16-55mm f/4.5-5.6 IS II zoom lens.  While it is not the best lens that Canon makes, it should focus better than your posted images.  Your shutter speed is on the low side, which can capture motion blur, but that does not seem to be your immediate issue.

Switch the shooting mode dial on top of the camera to the Green [A] mode, or [CA] mode.  The P shooting mode is the best mode to use to learn about photography and learning the camera's features.  Make sure the "feature guide" is enabled, which can be found on the second [yellow] wrench menu.

Make sure that the lens AF/MF switch is in the AF position.  Try taking some photographs outdoors on a sunny day of subjects that are 100 feet [30 meters] away from the camera.  If you know how to change AF points, then manually select the center AF point, because it is the most sensitive and most accurate AF sensor.  I always use the center AF point, and never change the setting.

You will not be able to make exposure adjustments in any of the Basic shooting modes: like [A] or [CA], and the rest of the settings that use icons.  You can make exposure settings in P mode, and let the camera choose an exposure for you.  I mention this because of your low shutter speeds in the posted shots.

Your aperture setting, f/11, is very narrow, which restricts how much light enters the camera and reaches the image sensor.  Dial in a lower number to use a wider aperture.  A wider aperture will allow you to use faster shutter speeds.

Do a web search for " Exposure Triangle " and " Depth of Field ".  Do a web search for "Canon Digital Learning Center".

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Hello Waddizzle,

Thank you very much AF/MF is the culprit and I changed it AF from MF and then I changed the center AF point its working fine now.

I am using 18-55 and 75-300 MM canon lens.

Thank you

Announcements