cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon T4i - Some shooting modes can not be selected by turning the dial

Josephkcs
Contributor

Hi All,

I have a 3 year old Canon Rebel T4i camera. I have no issues till now. But today I had a noticed a strange behaviour with resected to selection of the shooting mode. I was shooting in the Auto (A+) mode and I was switching the shooting mode btwn auto and hand help shooting. I think, I had rotated the dial fast at one point of usuage. Then the camera is not going to either the auto or hand help portrait. The camera hung up for a while and then the aforementioned issue happened. After that even iif i select the Auto mode then the no flash mode which is next to it is displayed on the lcd and the camera acts as if it is selected. I am seeing on LCD that the next mode is selected as rotate the dial. Like this, some modes are not selectable like Priority, Handhelp portrait and Night time portrait. I suspect that firmware is corrupted as I have turned the dial very fast when taking the pictures. Please help to resolve this issue.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Maybe you stripped the ridges on the dial. It doesn't rotate through 360 degrees on that camera. So now the position switch inside the camera is out of sync with the dial. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for your reply. I would probably go to Canon repair facility in NJ and get that fixed. 

Announcements