cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon T3i - Help With Video Settings

darthmunky
Apprentice

Hi, I just bought the Canon EOS Rebel T3i and I'm trying to optimize the settings for filming video but for some reason, it will not let me change the movie rec. size. It is set by default to 1920x1080 at 30fps but I want to change it to 24fps. The problem is that when I go to change the settings, I cannot move it to choose 1920 24fps, it only lets me change the digital zoom setting. I tried it with manual exposure and auto exposure, anyone know what's wrong? Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Darthmunky,

You may be able to clear this issue by clearing the Camera settings and Clearing the Custom Functions, as shown on page 176.  Please make sure your camera is in one of the "Creative" modes, such a "P" to access these settings.

If you're unable to resolve this issue, I recommend that you contact us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The answer is in the icon to the far right of "Movie rec. size" in the middle of the setting screen. See it? The little half-gear thing? That represents the selection wheel at the front of the camera (near the shutter relaese button). Spin it and you can change the size and framerate settings.

Digitalcool

Announcements