cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon T3 and date stamp on the photo

paulw43
Apprentice

On a Canon T3, is there a way to place a date stamp on the photo? I have not found one yet.

8 REPLIES 8

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Nope! Smiley Sad

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

It automaticaly puts a date "in" the photo.  It is viewable in the EXIF info.  A EXIF viewer is required, some are free.y

EB

@ebiggs1 wrote:

It automaticaly puts a date "in" the photo.  It is viewable in the EXIF info.  A EXIF viewer is required, some are free.y

That doesn't really answer the OP's question. Knowing that the date can be found in the Exif data doesn't tell you how to make it appear on the picture. FWIW, I don't know how to do it either, but I don't doubt that there's a photo editor somewhere with that capability. If I were looking, I might start with Irfanview, with its extensive library of user-submitted add-ons.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Thanks Bob.  I will download one of the viewers and see how it works.

Well, Bob from Boston, that is sorta silly isn't it?  If the camera doesn't put it there any photo editor can add it after the fact.

And you can't deny the fact it is embedded in the EXIF by the camera.

EB

@ebiggs1 wrote:

Well, Bob from Boston, that is sorta silly isn't it?

No, I don't think so.

If the camera doesn't put it there any photo editor can add it after the fact.

Maybe any can, but many don't. And using a photo editor to read the date from the Exif data and put it on the picture was my idea, wasn't it?

And you can't deny the fact it is embedded in the EXIF by the camera.

Actually, I don't recall trying to deny it.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Actually my thoughts were more of a altered photo as to one that is not. My only point.
If you were going to edit a photo any date could be added.
EB

TCampbell
Elite
Elite
While the camera wont put the date ON the photo and most photo viewers will show you the info (including the EOS software Canon provided with the camera) I have stumbled across utilities which will read the date from the embedded EXIF data and digitally edit the photo by overlaying the date on the image (usually you get to decide where it places the date, size, font, etc.).

I have not actually used one of these utilities myself... But I have come across them. Do an Internet search and you should find several choices.
Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
Announcements