cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Rebel t7 issues

slimthemachine
Apprentice

so I have an eos Rebel T7 and it's plugged up with a hardwired battery pack to the wall cause I'm using it for streaming purposes in OBS. I'm connected it with the HDMI mini to HDMI and then the HDMI to a cam link that is connected to USB 3.0 port. In OBS and even the camera app on windows 10, the screen is a constant glitchy look like what my photo shows and doesn't clear. Any advice?? Switched cam links out and same issue, could the hdmi be an issue ? It's a cheap one from Amazon. Tested the set up on multiple computers so it's an issue within the camera or HDMI at this pointE6B12D04-FF08-4CC0-A553-A112E96D62A8.jpeg

14 REPLIES 14

Screenshot 2021-04-16 094545.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

"As for the HDMI issue, if the T7 can't handle vlogging/webcam use, why is the competition able to do so? Granted, the R series cameras overheat when recording video, so I guess Canon can't get even design their flagship models correctly. It's not a good look for Canon."

Cameras sold by the competition typicall sell for nearly twice the price of the T7.  It is a bare bones, entry level camera.

The T7 is fully capable of vlogging, which to me means internal recording of video while "on the go".  Webcam applications are completely different, and do not need, use, or require internal recording.  The T7 is fully capable of producing video output comparable to webcams built into most lalptops at the time of its' initial release.

However, live streaming in Full HD video is another task entirely.  I am not aware of any products sold by other manufacturers in the same class and price range of the T7 that is capable of producing HDMI video output suitable for Full HD live streaming.

BTW, Sony mirrorless cameras start at  around $700 for the A6000.  Just saying.  Don't compare apples to oranges.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

slimthemachine
Apprentice
Okay so clearly it works it just has a slight glitchiness to the screen. The “clean” HDMI has nothing to do with it because I’ve fixed that issue so you’re incorrect. You’re telling me a $2000 camera is required for LIVE streaming? Dude I could get a $100 webcam to do it so that’s also incorrect .

@slimthemachine wrote:
Okay so clearly it works it just has a slight glitchiness to the screen. The “clean” HDMI has nothing to do with it because I’ve fixed that issue so you’re incorrect. You’re telling me a $2000 camera is required for LIVE streaming? Dude I could get a $100 webcam to do it so that’s also incorrect .

Dude, your $100 web cam does not have interchangeable lenses, or the dynamic range, of a DSLR.  If it did, would be using that, instead of DSLR.

[EDIT]. If the camera works to your satisfaction, then you do not have a camera problem.  My work here is done.  You have a hardware or software problem, not a Canon problem.  Good Luck!

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

How did you fix the Clean HDMI issue for the T7???

Announcements