cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Rebel T7- can’t take pictures with plain backdrop

Ckopp63
Apprentice
Hello-
I am trying to take pictures of me and my baby using the self timer... however, when I press the button to take the picture it keeps focusing and won’t start the timer. ( I’m using a solid color back drop) I’ve tried using manual focus and it will take the picture but it is blurry.. any idea why this is happening and how I can fix it? Thanks in advance!
18 REPLIES 18

@kvbarkley wrote:

You can also use your smartphone:

Untitled.jpg

If you don't have the Wireless Connection manual, you can download it from the Canon Support site.

Holding a (probably wriggling) baby while operating a camera via a smartphone? Good luck with that!

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Except the T7 does not have a flipout screen, the cell phone can at least let you preview the shot.

Besides, it is up to the OP to decide which option works best.

Well, there is always soothing syrup 8^) :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mrs._Winslow%27s_Soothing_Syrup

wow! I didn't realize it does not have a flip-out screen...what was Canon thinking? Now I know it is just an opinion but for me, that is a real deal-breaker.

Price point. The T7i has a flip screen. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Ahh I think that is why too. 

"I didn't realize it does not have a flip-out screen..."

I don't know what Canon was thinking but even without a flip screen I would still opt for a remote trigger over a smartphone.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

"Holding a (probably wriggling) baby while operating a camera via a smartphone? Good luck with that!"

This seems to be SOP for mom's today, in general, not even when trying to take a picture! 8^)

Ckopp63
Apprentice
Thank you all for your advice, I wasn’t expecting so many responses! I haven’t been able to find any answers online or the manual so, you guys are awesome. I will give all of this a shot and see what works best!

"I will give all of this a shot and see what works best!"

If you decide to use your iphone, use it to call a friend!  Smiley Happy  

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements