cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Rebel T6i

upsidedownjess
Contributor

Hello,

I have a Canon Rebel T6i with a 18-55mm lens. I am having trouble taking pictures through the viewfinder there is a flashes 15" at the bottom left side of the viewfinder. What does that mean? It takes pictures through the twisty screen just not the viewfinder. I have tried removing the sd card, battery & lens. Not of that has worked.

Please let me know what you think!

Thanks!!

15 REPLIES 15

The lens cap wasn't on but I was testing the camera out in my bedroom which is very dark at times. Yes, I can see through the viewfinder it just won't take a picture through it. 

Go out on a sunny day and shoot in green square mode. How does that work?

It should take a picture even with a bad exposure. Does it focus through the viewfinder?

I went out today and tried to take some pictures, I was able to take as many pictures I wanted through the monitor but once I switched over to the viewfinder I was only able to take one picture and then the whole camera froze. Also in daylight, the 15 changed to a 30. 

At approx. 5:00 at night (w/ no daylight) I tried to take a picture through the viewfinder in my kitchen and it was blurry nothing would focus. However, the monitor was able to focus and I was able to take pictures.

Did you do this first?

"Did you go in the menus under tools and do clear all settings?  That is a reset to factory. There may be some custom settings that need to be reset also. Consult your manual about resetting the camera."

If you didn't, you learned nothing.  If you did the camera/lens is broken and needs service. Simple? If you did not do the reset properly you didn't reset the camera completely.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Yes. I did reset the camera (to the default factory setting) following directions from some youtube videos. Thank-you for your help. I will look into it getting it serviced. 

Sorry!  Smiley Sad

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements