cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Rebel T5i not working with Feelworld Monitor

Clayjar
Contributor

I have this Feelworld monitor I connect to my Rebel T5i so I can see what I am doing while filming video. Well it failed after a year and kept saying "No Signal" and I bought a new mini HDMI to HDMI cable. It worked for a few months. Then that failed with a "No Signal" sign. I thought it might be the monitor but I connected my daughter's phone to it with no problem. IT worked with my daughter's phone with it own HDMI cable.

I tried connecting my camera to my TV and still get No Signal. 

I bought a new mini HDMI to HDMI cable. Brand new. No such luck. Still get a no Signal. Could it be that my camera's mini HDMI port no longer works? I tried using a very old G11 camera ands till get the No Signal. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Try turning wifi off.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Up until you mentioned the G1 I was thinking that you damaged the HDMI port on the camera. If you don't support the cable it is easy to pull the connector from the PCB.

I suggest you send the camera to be looked at by Canon.

You might try to connect the cable to the camera and the monitor and wiggle it a bit to see if you get a connection.

Clayjar
Contributor

A monitor doesn't record signal. It's simply a larger screen to show you what your camera is shooting or recording. I use it to have a better view so I can focus on on my subject and to show me what I am recording if I can't see my LCD screen on my camera.

Try turning wifi off.

Yes, I know.I got that tip from a Youtube video. I turned the camera Wifi off and it works now. Thanks.

@Clayjar wrote:

Yes, I know.I got that tip from a Youtube video. I turned the camera Wifi off and it works now. Thanks.

You should keep Wi-Fi disabled most of the time, anyway.  If you are not actually using it, it is an extra drain on the battery.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Yeah. Good point. Normally I do, but I used it to transfer pictures to my iPhone while on vacation and left it on and forgot about it. SO all this trouble for past year because of a setting that has nothing to do with monitors. 

Announcements