cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T5i Screen is Mostly Black

lorenhensch
Apprentice

The menu screen on my rebel T5i doesnt show up how its supposed to when I first turn the camera on. It says "sensor cleaning" and then a black screen. After I take a picture, the preview for the picture does not show up either. I have tried a different battery, SD card, I have updated my firmware. Even when I press the 'Info' button theres 2 black screens and then the information screen showing colour space etc. I have switched out my lenses but nothing has worked. My live view mode still works, and same with video mode. Not too sure what else to do, I can't really find anything else on these forums and I've done everything I can think of. Thanks so much for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

lorenhensch
Apprentice

UPDATE:

I was stupid and didn't think to clean my rubber eye piece. It must have gotten dirty underneath and restricted the light to it so it thought there was an eye over it at all times. So if this ever happens to you, take the rubber eye piece off first and clean it. That's most likely the source of your problems. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

lorenhensch
Apprentice

UPDATE:

I was stupid and didn't think to clean my rubber eye piece. It must have gotten dirty underneath and restricted the light to it so it thought there was an eye over it at all times. So if this ever happens to you, take the rubber eye piece off first and clean it. That's most likely the source of your problems. 

oldmanram
Apprentice

ALSO !! Check to make sure your eyepiece is all the down, this same thing happened to me, drove me nuts for a couple days. Read this and went to clean my eyepiece , then noticed it was up just a bit, pushed down and bingo , display back on. thank you 

Announcements