cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Rebel T3i Slow to start up and process photos.

A_Winterscheidt
Apprentice

I've had my camera for several years now (about four). I last used it in January and haven't had an opportunity to do photography until now. But, all of a sudden, my camera takes a minute to turn on (approxiamtely) with the red light on the bottom rapidly blinking and then once the screen turns on, taking another couple of seconds to be fully functional. Then, whenever I take a photo, it takes several seconds to save and process it to the SD card. I'm using a relatively high end SD card (PNY 256 GB, 90mb/s, around half full). I haven't had any issues like this before.

The only things I can think that might be attributing to this is my camera possibly being bumped around on the way back from my last venture in late January (though I take pretty good care of it and since then it has been sitting on a shelf). Or, overuse/bad equipment: I did a 24-hr timelapse in November using an invalometer and switching batteries, though I had no issues after that. Then, I did an 11 hour one in early January using an AC adapter and invalometer, no problems afterwards. And then on my last venture I did a 38 hour timelapse with the same AC adapter and invalometer, I can't rememeber if I used it after that for a couple single shots, but if I did I had no issues. 

If anyone can ID a cause and/or a soultion, that'd be amazing. 

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Peter
Authority
Authority
Same problem without SD card and lens?

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

"I'm using a relatively high end SD card (PNY 256 GB, 90mb/s, around half full). I haven't had any issues like this before." 

Yikes, 256 GB! 

I would not be surprised that if you used a lower capacity card, 32 GB or less, that your problem may just go away.  I am surprised that the camera even knows how to format a card that large.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements