cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Rebel T3i EOS problems

Keelywa
Apprentice

I have a Cannon rebel T3i EOS and when I try to auto focus on a picture (usually a landscae type photo) when the lens is zoomed out (not zoomed in at all) it keeps trying to focus over and over with out ever focusing and I have to switch it to manual focus to take the photo. I tried to go to the menu and reset the camera but it seems that I don't have the full menu? I only have 6 tap things opposed to 9. So I don't have the tab that hold the reset option. 

How do I fix this?

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

1. If you are in the Auto (Green Rectangle) mode you get a reduced number of menu options. Swith to P or another mode and you will get all.

2. Frequently landscape images don't have enough contrast to allow camera to focus. Does it happen if you try and take a portrait (or other photo with distinct figures and good contrast)?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you so much!
No, it doesn't do it when I am taking a portrait.

I would say then there's nothing wrong with the camera.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

I would say then there's nothing wrong with the camera.

I agree... it sounds as if the problems is with the user, not the camera.

Once you learn how the AF system works, I think your problems will go away.

To learn to use your camera's AF system, I suggest you watch this and the two subsequent videos. Very good basic info about how the Canon AF systems work!

https://vimeo.com/36931479

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif., USA
"Walk softly and carry a big lens."
GEAR: 5DII, 7D(x2), 50D(x3), some other cameras, various lenses & accessories
FLICKR & EXPOSUREMANAGER 

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I would suggest you didn't or don't have enought light.  All cameras and lenses have a limit as to what they can do.  You found yours.  The lit lenses are very slow and need a lot of light.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

I would suggest you didn't or don't have enought light.  All cameras and lenses have a limit as to what they can do.  You found yours.  The lit lenses are very slow and need a lot of light.

What's a "lit lens"?

Never mind; I think I figured it out. It's probably a typo for "kit lens".

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

"I would suggest you didn't or don't have enought light.  All cameras and lenses have a limit as to what they can do.  You found yours.  The lit kit lenses are very slow and need a lot of light."

Better? Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements