cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Rebel T3

dturner
Apprentice

I have a Canon Rebel T3 that freezes up when taking pictures. The only way to get it to work again is to take the battery out and put it back in. What can I do to get this fixed?

9 REPLIES 9

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Try a brand new SD card.. Get a top brand, not a cheap charlie card.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

And make sure it is a full-size card, not a micro with adapter.

Is the red "card busy" light on when it freezes?

As far as getting it fixed, you need to call Canon.

@ebiggs1wrote:

Try a brand new SD card.. Get a top brand, not a cheap charlie card.

OK, Ernie, I can't contain my curiosity. What does the term "charlie card" mean in Kansas? Google seems to know only what it means here, and this isn't Kansas.

A wild guess is that it may have something to do with the greeting card industry. Could I be right?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

"What does the term "charlie card" mean in Kansas?"

I suspect it means the same everywhere.  But it is "cheap charlie" not simply "charlie card" !

A cheap person, giving as little as possible, money wise for something. In other words do buy cheap SD cards.  Always buy the best you can.

EB

@ebiggs1wrote:

"What does the term "charlie card" mean in Kansas?"

I suspect it means the same everywhere.  But it is "cheap charlie" not simply "charlie card" !

A cheap person, giving as little as possible, money wise for something. In other words do buy cheap SD cards.  Always buy the best you can.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I don't think I ever heard the term; but our Governor is named Charlie, and I guess you could call him cheap. Every department in the state wants more money than he's willing to give them. (But he's also the most or second-most popular governor in the country.)

But here "Charlie" naturally goes with "card" because a Charlie Card is what you use to ride the subway. I suppose it's an example of everything looking yellow to a jaundiced eye.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

roodis
Contributor

This sounds like you may have the camera's "Image Review" option set to "hold".

When you take a photo, two things normally happen.

1)  The camera should write the image to your memory card.  You'll know when it's writing to your memeory card because there is a red LED ligth which is active when the camera is using the card.  When the light goes out, the camera is finished.    apk mod 

2)  The camera can be set to do "Image Review".  By default, when you take an exposure, the camera will display the image on the rear screen for just a few seconds.  But this behavior can be customized.         Gta san Andreas apk 

Your choices for image review are "Off", 2 seconds, 4 seconds, 8 seconds, or "Hold".  If Off is selected you wont get any image review.  If "Hold" is selected, the image you just took will appear on the rear LCD and will never go away until you manually clear it.  You can just do a half-press of the shutter button to clear it (it wont get in the way of you taking more shots... just ignore it.)

You can find instructions on this on page 166 of your T3i Instruction Manual which describes how to change this setting.

dturner
Apprentice
I have a good SD Card so definitely not this plus it does it with any Card I use. Also I don't use Micro mini Cards in my Camera because they decrease the quality of your images.

"... I don't use Micro mini Cards in my Camera because they decrease the quality of your images."

They don't reduce the quality of the image, if it saves it.  The problem some have using them is they don't work at all. Or, perhaps, they work sporadically.  Some folks use them without incident.  I am/was in a profession that does not understand failure to get the shot so I never trust them.

I always use the highest quality card I can.  Sandisk or Lexar or Transend, etc.

EB

dturner
Apprentice
roodis New Contributor- I'll definitely look at my settings when I get home and see if this makes a difference. Thank you!
Announcements