cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Rebel T3 Trouble

katherinetori
Contributor

I recently took pictures at a friends wedding, but when I turned the camera back on the pictures were not showing up. The camera acknowledges that there were pictures taken because the counter skips from 1274 to 1395, but no matter what I do I cannot find the actual pictures. Is there any way to get them back? I've tried plugging it into my computer and that did not help either. I would be sick if these pictures were lost completely.

Any suggestions?

11 REPLIES 11

@katherinetori wrote:

I recently took pictures at a friends wedding, but when I turned the camera back on the pictures were not showing up. The camera acknowledges that there were pictures taken because the counter skips from 1274 to 1395, but no matter what I do I cannot find the actual pictures. Is there any way to get them back? I've tried plugging it into my computer and that did not help either. I would be sick if these pictures were lost completely.

Any suggestions?

Was that card used in a different camera, before or since? Different camera models write their images into folders with different names. Examine the card on a computer, using a card reader (built-in or external), and look through each folder to see if your pictures are there.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

katherin,

First off, stop using the SD card.  Don't take any additional photos on it.  If there is a problem it may write new shots on top of the wedding pictures.  If that happens they will truly be lost so stop using it.

Stop using the camera to get the photos to the computer. Use the slot on the computer or a card reader.

What brand SD card do you have?  Depending on that answer, try to find, or one may have come with the card, a recovery software.

Some are free. Some are not but this could be the only way to recover the shots if there was a problem.  At any rate it will display the wedding shots if at all possible.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements