cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Rebel T1i (500d) External Monitor

BrandonKim
Apprentice
I know it's a REALLY old camera, but I am still using the Canon Rebel T1i (500D). I was wondering if I could use the HDMI OUT port to connect an external monitor to the camera (for live view). If anyone knows, please respond. Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Sure, but note that it is not "clean" video, it is just a mirror of the LCD with all the shooting info icons.

And yours is not "Really old" we often get questions about Xs', Xi' and the odd Rebel G around here.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Sure, but note that it is not "clean" video, it is just a mirror of the LCD with all the shooting info icons.

And yours is not "Really old" we often get questions about Xs', Xi' and the odd Rebel G around here.

@kvbarkley wrote:

My wife and I still have our XTi's. We never use them, but they're available in case any of our grandchildren get interested enough to need something beyond their cell phones.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

BrandonKim
Apprentice
Thanks! However, I don't understand what you mean by "clean" video. Are you saying that you can't shoot video with the monitor on?

Just what I said. The video on the monitor has all the icons that show on the LCD while shooting a video like the focus point, the time remaining, the little red tally symbol...

If you are just using the monitor for review it is fine, if you are using an external recorder it might not work so well.

BrandonKim
Apprentice
Okay. Thank you.
Announcements